PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Just Culture'
Thread: 'Just Culture'
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2008, 17:50
airac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
changes for changes sake or not???

Spitoon Your assumption is quite correct Re the UK (Location is a bit of a give away, but I’m just being picky there), also you have grasped what my original response was meant to convey.

Whilst we are on the subject or to stray slightly off the subject, the on going saga of ATSOCAS has taken yet another turn. Apparently the good people in charge have declared that the revised procedures for ATSOCAS be published in May 2008.
ANSPs will then be given 6 months to train for introduction of the new services, which is planned for Mid January 2009. The timescale allows for 2 months June & July for the production of training plans and their approval by SRG followed by August - Mid January for training.
A reasonable request? I don't think so, indeed the Good chap at an airfield situated to the east of Brum, has I believe, been tasked with consulting with other non NATS units, to seek a consensus as to the reality of the proposed time scale.
My point being, if its that imperative to introduce the scheme why can't SRG produce a generic training plan for all the units concerned this would , back to the original subject, prove that they (SRG) are actively aiding ANSP's ,instead of appearing to increase the already massive paper trail.