PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fg Off Wales' Wings
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2008, 13:08
richatom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He appears to have finished with the Army. I read today that he 'leaves' the RAF in 2 weeks time. Followed by 4 months (?) in the RN. I mean, he's not going to be King anytime soon, so why the rush? Why couldn't he spend, say, 2-3 years in each service.
From what I've read he seems to genuinely enjoy his military time, takes it very seriously, and maybe he would quite like to spend more time with each service. It would be difficult to justify, however, the expense of training him up to (say) fast jet standard when there is no prospect of him actually going front line. I have to say though that if I was in his shoes I would be keen as mustard to spend a good 2-3 years with each service.

And has it been announced that his army stint is over? I assumed that he would go back to the army after finishing his blue stints. I would have thought that he would need to get his para-wings at some point in his career, so presumably he will go back to the army for another stint?

I read also that the SAS are keen to make him their honorary colonel-in-cheif at some point, having impressed them with his keenness on his numerous visits to Hereford.

Whatever route he takes he is a real credit to the nation - good on him.