PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rollason Condor
Thread: Rollason Condor
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2002, 22:12
Stampe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

The Condor will drop a wing at the stall especially power on and depart into a spin if provoked.The spin is very predictable if fairly fast in rotation and the aircraft is limited to 3 turns I believe because of the high rotation rate.I must have carried out at least 500 spins over the years and never experienced any problems.This is one of the characteristics which made the type such an excellent trainer.Consider that the type has been around for over 35 years now ,much of it as a trainer and it is impressive the proportion that have survived and the very low accident rate of the type.As another pointed out cockpit width is spectacularly good.The aircraft is very light in pitch this coupled with the comparitive light weight/low inertia means speed can be lost quickly if proper attention is not being paid .Ailerons are delightful nearly as nice as my other favourite the Stampe.All in all a good handling english aeroplane it can,t be that bad I first soloed in one at 19 years old with 11 !! hours total so these things need to be kept in proportion.Both mine have a little placard put in by the manufacturers it says "Aeroplanes bite fools" true words.

[ 28 February 2002: Message edited by: Stampe ]

[ 28 February 2002: Message edited by: Stampe ]</p>