PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what do you think of women LAE's?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2008, 07:46
Vortechs Jenerator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you strong enough for all the jobs men are? Men do have about 30% more muscle mass and the aggression (which can be focused as determination to suceed at a task) that testosterone brings with it. That's not sexism, it's natural ability. Lots of maintenance tasks do require strength, trust me.

I'm not saying you can't be an LAE or that you deserve to be discriminated against but maybe you are also being a bit sensitive. If you listen closely, you'll hear blokes ripping the piss out of each other for all sorts of reasons, maybe you just don't hear it because you are feeling all hurty?

It's not going to go away anytime soon though, rightly or wrongly. Have a good think and if you can't toughen up and give as good back as you get and deal with it, you will seriously have to think about leaving the industry for your own long term health IMO. I've worked with a few women and they successfully (and diversely) deal with the environment - something must have attracted you to it in the first place?

That's about my tuppence spent