PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2008, 21:55
jimworcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets us be clear...

I am not expecting high levels of service, hot towels, meals, etc from Ryanair, no do I expect perks such as interlining that you might get from legacy carriers. I acknowledge that their fares are by far the cheapest, and that when the experience goes well, it is an excellent service for a remarkable price.

The issue I have with Ryanair is that when they get it wrong, they are not willing to hold up their hands and admit it. Instead, they adopt a highly belligerent attittude towards their customers, make it next to impossible to get any kind of resolution and deliberately compound the problem by making it an ordeal for the customer to get any kind of redress. They exploit international boundaries to disempower customers, have "outsourced" their customer services to companies who have no power, nor often, even the necessary information to help and advise customers and their staff attitudes to customers is to say the least patcy and often downright hostile and aggressive.

I deliberately did not compare Ryanair to BA, but instead to Southwest. Southwest also operates a low cost model, does not interline, uses more remote airports, etc... but the difference in their attitute to their customers is dramatic. It is time for MOL to stop playing the victim and allow the airline to mature into a grown up company that has some sense of responsibility to it's customers and some understanding of its obligations.

I do not want Ryanair to fail, but it surely will if it does not change its strategy.