PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA planning to relax CPL requirement for instructors
Old 12th Apr 2008, 21:32
homeguard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Experience hours

The reduction from 100 hours to 50 instructing was passed to me during the recent GAPAN/CFS Senior Instructor Conference. The change is yet to be published however, yet i'm told it is effective as of now.

The first revalidation must be by flight test but the next can be the seminar. I correct what I have said, the new Instructor could go up to 9 years with only one flight check since qualification.

SkyCamMK

Rather patronising and silly post in response to what I have written. My believe in what I have been told was ironical in that, as silly as it sounds, it is all too likely to be true in this world gone mad. My concern is that what I was told is posssible, whether it is really true, who cares. With regard to passing my concerns on to those who can make the changes, be assured that I do so, at every opportunity. However, also be assured that any changes will be dominated much more by Europe as a whole rather than from only within the UK for we have limited influence

My actual real point was, obvious if you had read what I said more carefully, that we have for a number of years been making rules that we couldn't keep to and are un-enforcable. The role of the 'supervisor' experienced by TheOddOne is ideal and so is the schools general conduct. How they do it is how it was intended to be but it isn't undertaken in such a structured way generally, it would seem. The Supervisor role is widely flouted and the CAA feel powerless to effect it. Note the recent Training Comm from Pat Lander with regard to FI(r) supervision. He notes that the meaning is not clear, it is unclear and he can only offer his advice. As always the advice from Pat is well thought through and helpful even if it is ignored by too many.

What we need to do, in my opinion, is for us all to look more closely at the general practices in the other european countries. We appear to be very different in the UK and many of the changes make little sense to us, perhaps because they are at odds with our system and are difficult to incorporate.