PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Instructor jobs in France/ FI in France
Old 12th Apr 2008, 13:44
skydriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It takes a lot of determination to get through it, the French authorities together with the norvegian are being protective and elusive when it comes to apply the licences recognition, in fact if you read the french version of JAR FCL1, the paragraph talking about recognition is not the original one, is different.
This is blind stupidity from the DGAC that does not surprise me one bit. There is apparently a shortage of FIs in France, my club found it very hard to find a replacement instructor this/last year. The DGAC appear to have an endemic "anti" attitude to integrating licencing from other JAA countries, creating obsticles just for the sake of it and should not really be classed as a JAA country. It will be amusing to see how EASA fits in....

Many instructors at aeroclubs are benevoles (voluntary) (Don't let Flintstone see that or he will have another fit!). To get a paid instructing job, you mostly need to work at an FTO.
This is the one thing that keeps private flying active in France. Clubs are run by members, for members, without any profit. Dont knock it too much. To me it is a breath of fresh air to be in a real aeroclub where flying enjoyment has priority over business profit. It means I actually get to use club aeroplanes for more than 30-60 minute local jollies without a telling off if Im late back, ie I can have a 'plane for a whole day to actually go somewhere and do something....Thats what flying is about!!

Regards, SD..