PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OK, another PPL in the USA question...
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2002, 15:41
Julian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S&L,

Where did you get that from?. .They don't teach! Don't demonstrate! Minimal briefings and don't follow the JAA sylabus?!?!?

What absolute cr@p!

I undertook my JAA PPL in the US (and passed!).

i) They dont teach - hmmm so how did I pass? Guess I picked it up from reading the textbook!

ii) They dont demnstrate - Everything was demonstrated both in the classroom using model, boards and videos and then again in the air until you got the hang of it and could carry out the task yourself. My instructor would also demonstrate manoeuvres outside the PPL syllabus if he thought it worthwhile.

iii) Minimal briefings - All were carried out before each flight and you were also quizzed to make sure you understood what you had to do. The pre-solo and nav being very good examples with some students not being allowed up until their briefer was sure they were fully conversant!

iv) JAA syllabus - We were given a copy of this in our introductory pack, each exercise had to be signed off and present to the examiner before the GFT to prove we had completed all aspects of the JAA training.

. .If you have had problems with a particular school then say so, but I would not go round making blanket statements like that about US training.

If you dont like the fact that students are going to the US to learn then you will just have to live with it, its just one of those things.

Julian.