PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulfstream 550 training CAE Dubai Q
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2008, 10:20
FlyMD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did my initial in SAV, and recurrents in SAV, DAL and DXB. 2 main differences:

- The logistics of the DXB package with CAE are completely worry-free. From the nice business class flight in with Emirates, including fast-track through immigration, to limo service every day between hotel and sim facility, to the well-appointed customer area, everything is pretty seamless. Any changes or wishes can be discussed at the front desk, where people are informed and helpful.

- Although the sim has been getting more reliable, and the instructors are generally very good and experienced people, DXB is NOT (yet) a Gulfstream center of competence. If a technical question arises, it's down to you or your instructor, and a couple times we ended up placing a phone call to the US to resolve a technical matter. Also, you tend to meet less people from the bizjet industry, because the center is small and mostly airline-centered.

All in all, if it saves you money or a paperwork hassle, I can recommend a recurrent in Dubai. Ideally, however, I'd like to "touch home-plate" every few years in SAV if possible...