PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non-standard control configuration
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2008, 09:46
Fareastdriver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I know that your first picture is reversed because the yellow for and aft trim wheel which in your picture is in front of the red slow-running cut out was between the right hand seat and the consol. The cut out is over extended because it is probably disconnected from the Hobson fuel contol unit. Kosher....Honest...
There were 14 Marks of Sycamore with several different configurations in the cockpit. Some with twin collectives and at least one that was designed to be flown from the left hand seat but none were designed to be flown with the controls switched. It is possible that the Weston machine is LHS one by the positioning of the flight instruments but I would have thought that it was a full dual contol version because of the cut out in the right hand seat squab.
If you look at the conbined engine/Rrpm gauge (the one with the big green sector) on the German machine you will see that 3000 Engine RPM is eqivalent to 275 Rrpm. On the Weston aircraft it is only 225 Rrpm. That shows the difference between various Marks.
I have tried to think of some way of forgiving your camera. Trim wheel on the wrong side, if possible, collective upside down but even though aircraft at that time had stacks of built in Murphys I don't think so.

Last edited by Fareastdriver; 12th Apr 2008 at 10:50.