PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK B777 Upgrade Delayed
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2008, 09:43
Fork Handles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was offered a dec position. Im not accepting it for reasons other than mentioned on these forums.

I have a few friends who have upgraded or are upgrading, maybe one of them was a fail who knows.I do know that I operate to at least the same standard as these chaps and as for experience, well pre EK they were not exactly flitting across the atlantic in the winter in a big boeing. Puddle jumping would be more appropiate.
The point I am making is that maybe ,just maybe there is a superiority complex existant. Not all are suitable, despite the magical three years at EK which, to read here endows the recipient with levels of skills and default airmanship that put the rest of the world to shame.Simply not so.

Had I taken the job , i would be confident of pasing all and any course on my dodgy DEC ability, and judging by some of my mates that have passed, an upgrade course as well.
Gents you are in danger of having a very "flat earth" mentalty.

I am in agreement on one point in that it is easy to fail anyone if you WANT to however being an FSI where you control a session is not the same as controlling a situation and doesnt make them better in anyway. You would think the book knowledge would have been sharper though. Only based on what I have read here.