PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL
Thread: NPPL
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2002, 00:47
Final 3 Greens

BEagle et Al. .. .My concern with all of this is what value is added to private flying by the regulation in place?. .. .Doe the regulation in place make us PPLs any safer or protect the general public to a higher level?. .. .I am lucky enough to have a PPL (going on for 300 hours), a reasonable bit of a lovely Pup, a class 2 medical and funding to fly whenever I wish for all practical purposes.. .. .Also, I think I understand the operation of big aeroplanes reasonably well and the very different standards that apply to public transport flights and the pilots who conduct them. (Who have my total respect for their knowledge, ability and discipline). .. .But I still fail to see the benefits from the present system of regulation of recreational aviation.. .. .Personally, I'd scrap the NPPL and the JAR PPL and go for a BGA governance situation where the reduced costs (sans Belgrano) made the length of the syllabus much less of an issue and encouraged people to fly for the (affordable) fun of the experience.. .. .BEagle: I would like to state that I very much admire your efforts in relation to NPPL and am not implying any criticism of your efforts - if it were not for people like you, private flying would be in a very much worse state. You have applied great effort to deliver the NPPL in difficult circumstances for all the right reasons.