PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vista Folder Icons: Reverting to the XP Variety?
Old 12th Apr 2008, 09:32
BLUE SKY THINKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vista Folder Icons: Reverting to the XP Variety?

I've put up with them for a couple of months now, but they are driving me mad.

As we know, in the good old days, XP Folder icons sat there squarely on the screen, displaying the last four items enclosed, or one overall customised. It was ideal for large collections of folders containing photographs (or whatever), giving a neat easy to use presentation.

Now we are lumbered with these ghastly half open, on end, Vista icons with the (not very clear) contents partially spilling out. Whole pages of them look a complete mess and any quick recognition by content has gone.

I've searched for software that might facilitate the use of XP icons in Vista, but to no avail. Google seems full of people trying to make their XP look like Vista for some unknown reason. It just seems like change for changes sake sometimes; I wouldn't mind if there were the two options.

Is this annoying anyone else; or is it just me? More to the point, has anyone come across any software/fix to resolve this; surely it has got to come soon?

Thanks as always.