PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK B777 Upgrade Delayed
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2008, 09:12
chainsaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jet999.......

EK still trains and checks against an international standard, externally audited and government checked.
OK I'll bite.......please tell me

1. who is the external audit company you're referring to?
2. to what standard are they auditing to (and if the answer's IATA IOSA then you really need a rethink on: i) the so-called IOSA standard(s), and ii) the so-called qualification of the any IOSA auditors.............simply jet999, the so-called IOSA audit standard is QUESTIONABLE!
3. who were the auditors? (see 2 above)
4. what were the qualifications and experience of the auditors? (you'd be surprised at the lack of experience AND qualifications of some of the clowns who are supposedly doing these audits!)
5. were the government standards in accordance with international standards and recommended practices (ICAO Annexes)?
6. were the government inspectors properly qualified AND trained to conduct oversight inspections? (many aren't jet999)
7. has the State regulatory authority undergone an ICAO USOAP audit?
8. was the State considered to be in compliance with ICAO standards and recommended practices as a result of the USOAP Inspection?

The so-called 'mantle' offered by an external audit is pretty-well useless in 99% of cases jet999.

I've been asked to do a follow-up audit after the so-called experts have been in jet999, and you could drive a damn steam train through the holes that exist after the so-called 'experts have been in and charged $000s for their so-called expertise.