PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anti Airfield letter in todays Daily Mail
Old 12th Apr 2008, 08:19
Julian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having done freefall in a previous life (and decided that maybe I should get a pilots licence at it seems less like controlled suicide ), I have to say that I find Miss Laceys comments very unbeliveable!

I stuck with the more benign canopys and not the performance type and even these have a pretty rapid rate of descent. For one to pass over her house at 50ft and make into an adjoining field she must have a very short back garden!!!!

As has been said many times before judging the height of an aircraft by someone on the ground using the naked eye is notoriously unreliable. I suspect that they were much higher and maybe her anger with the previous encounters led her to think it was lower.

I do have every sympathy if the airfield owner opened up post Ms Lacey moving in and did so without going through the proper channels, I have no idea if this is the case as dont know the area. However, if the airfield was there first then its tough luck! Dont buy a house near an airport/motorway/pub/etc and then complain about the noise, you knew it was there when you bought it - buy a house on the top of Dartmoor instead

J.