PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Second Airport for Sydney back on the agenda
Old 12th Apr 2008, 08:14
denabol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
success mustn't be a possibility

Going Boeing,

I read up on this some time ago in one of the aviation magazines. It made so much sense I knew it would get shot down in flames.

The real problem is that the idiot greens will attack anything that looks like making anything they are against succeed.

I think there are a lot of sensible green people too, including in the community around here, who have seen the light about climate issues, about recycling, about the need to use water better, and a broad range of smart things.

But there is a hard core of ratbags that basically hate anything that mightn't serve their political agenda of seeing the country revert to some sort of cross between a cottage industry economy and a continental sized sheltered workshop with people living under rocks in the dark waiting for the greenhouse gases to dissolve away and so forth.

They are anti-technology. I'm all for green technology, not a green version of the dark ages where science, and aviation, and anything but push bikes have been banished by this new mixture of pious eco-tripe and social engineering.

The southern airport solution would no doubt work very well, far too well, and in a number of possible configurations from a straight turbo-prop satellite hub to major jet runways if I remember correctly. I didn't remember it correctly in my first response referring to Little Bay. I meant the Kurnell Peninsula, back toward Woolaware Bay. I'm sure you could put a reasonable turbo-prop runway on the headland with the rifle range at South Maroubra or Little Bay, or is it Long Bay, but somehow that is even less likely to happen to some of those ratbag ideas of floating airports and such.