PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baggage Handlers Industrial Action
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2008, 07:57
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 109 Likes on 62 Posts
I had a fairly detailed post almost finished for this thread and after some reflection I deleted it in favour of the following..........

Sixteen years I suffered, as the operating Surgeon described it;
''An unstable compression fracture of the first lumbar vertebrae''

In other words, a BROKEN BACK!

I have never been, except for maybe a handful of periods of approximately five or so minutes, free of pain. I have trained myself to generally ignore the pain for most of the day; ie, I don't feel it because I choose not to! I can still walk and fly. For that I am grateful to the brilliance of the Surgeon and the grace of God!

However, mostly in the evenings after a days activities, this is when it manifests itself!!! Unless you have done similar to what I have, do not talk to me about back pain.You have no (expletive deleted) idea!!!

Anything that eases the load (literally) on the baggage loaders has my full support. Sure they may be able to handle heavy load now, but the 'wear and tear' builds up over the years and, when you get to your 50s as I am now, suddenly it hits you! In my case it is more so.