PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2008, 23:21
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I dont have a problem with Cork, itself you'll have to excuse me for looking critically at my home city. I can assure you that compared to the likes of Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds city centers Cork is indeed filthy dirty and nothing short of an embarrassment, what's worse is that no one cares. Cork is completely apathetic to everything, there is a "twill do" attitude which has gone beyond a joke. I can assure you that I munch through 50 euro notes like I spend tenners in Leeds. 100 quid for a (rubbish night in a dingy club) night out in Cork versus £20 max (in a state of the art club with nationally/international DJ's).

At the end of the day, that is my experience of the City, which I always thought was the best place on the planet until living abroad thought me the place is far behind the times, totally overpriced. If you dont believe me "you should just try it sometime" in the words of P Flynn.

How is Cork going to pay its debts? How the hell should I know? No more than anyone else on here knows how the CAA would even begin to finance the debt. I would suggest more flights, but even these could canbalise existing markets.....like I said earlier, talk is cheap. If you felt so strongly why did you not organise a few rallies or marches?

Brian.