PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Probably jumping ship from Emirates to Korean
Old 11th Apr 2008, 22:56
emiratesf hucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably jumping ship from Emirates to Korean

Colleagues at Korean Air,

After over ten years with Emirates, and having witnessed and endured the continual downward spiral of working conditions, I will be leaving. One of the main factors (but by no means the only one) for this is the ball breaking Flight Duty Time Limitations that Emirates works to.

I'm seriously looking at Korean as an alternative, to be based down in Australia or New Zealand, on the B777. Could one of you lads please answer the following?

1. What are the different flight time thresh-holds for operating with a two man, three man and four man crew?
2. What crew complement (two, three or four) is utilised on the Seoul to Auckland sector?
3. Likewise for the North American destinations the B777 operates to.
4. What crew rest is provided on the B777; just cabin seats blocked off, or the proper Crew Rest (bunks etc)? If bunks, is the crew rest the standard fit as offered by Boeing, or the torpedo tubes (or some variation thereof) as offered by Emirates?
5. What length layovers do you get normally on the B777? with particular emphasis on North America, New Zealand and Australia.
6. Do you have any get rich quick schemes that you can share so I can actually give this friggin' game up once and for all?

Cheers and thanks,
E.H.