PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2008, 21:39
en2r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well having lived in Cork for 19 years before I moved away to college and now living away from Cork for almost two years but returning frequently I feel Im in a reasonably good position to say what I did. Cork has a few attractions, but is horrifically expensive. Cork is 100% absolutely filthy dirty the litter problem has not been resolved. Look at Oliver Plunkett street, its just been repaved and already its shamefully filthy. Shopping is limited in Cork and the surrounding area, there are a limited number of restaurants and bars, and all they are missing is balaclavas. Service is terrible across the board. I think if I visited Cork I would be sorely disappointed. Do we in Cork care? No. There is a "yeara tis grand" attitude around this town which is sickening and a lack of ambition vision and drive which is truly astounding.
You really don't seem to like Cork. I just wanted to say that your views aren't shared by me or anyone I know who lives in Cork. As I said the litter problem has improved greatly, even in the past two years. While Cork still has litter, I don't think it has any more than any other city. If you ever walk down a street in Dublin, there is a similiar amount of litter. As for shopping, what about Mahon Point? Its the biggest shopping centre in Ireland outside of Dublin. Cork is not horrifically expensive. I lived in Dublin for 4 months and EVERYTHING was a lot more expensive there.
If you don't like Cork thats fine but I have to say I'm proud of my home city!