PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Happy at Emirates?
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2008, 17:59
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a chat with an acquaintance today who has been here for 12 years. I was commenting that I was thinking about leaving sometime in the future and he summed up things in one sentence. He said he would leave in a heartbeat except he did not want to go through the whole process and BS of joining a new company.

I thought about that for some time and came to the conclusion that in spite of my enjoyment of SOME of the attributes of Dubai and my annoyment with MOST of the attributes of Dubai......... and foremost being the continual decline of our T&C's , I too have that same obstacle deterring me from leaving. I just don't want to go through another change in my life.

This is dissapointing for me especially considering I have been a big supporter of EK in the past. If the company treated us well as professional pilots, I truly believe we could all overlook some of the huge negatives about Dubai. But in the past 3-5 years, it has been a two-pronged approach against us.

>>>>>>>>>>The city is clearly less desirable in which to live and the company is clearly less desirable for which to work>>>>>>>>

I am leaning towards a job with less money, hopefully better schedules but definitely in a better location. Avoiding the BS of Dubai by kite-surfing, golfing, scuba diving, dining out or whatever....... works for a while, but this place is sucking the life out of me.

I have no pride in my company. I only have pride in how well I can do my job. I save as much money as I can for this greedy company, I rarely call in sick, I do my best in other words ! And now I am questioning why.

Man, I hate feeling this way. There must be something better out there. Perhaps not, but if that is the case, then obviously this profession is a mess.

Ooops, time for the local brainwashing rant. Time to get off line and blast some AC/DC ! Glad my speakers are more powerful and my neighbours get a chuckle when they hear my music instead of the local rants.