PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air: What Mr. Kooheji is saying these days.
Old 11th Apr 2008, 15:26
Panama Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GF service, if I may say so, is pretty good by world airline standards, but not perfect. The service standards in the region amongst the competition are pretty high also, but anybody who has flown a North American or European airline may well agree with me on this.

Concern here is about throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Brand identity is important, to be certain, however, I feel the money and effort (focus) should be better tuned towards things like interiors, including new seats in First, Business and Economy Class (latest comfort and low-weight designs), pax entertainment systems (even Economy Class pax have now come to expect on-demand in-seat videos), an emphasis on maintenance to keeping in-cabin furnishings in top-notch condition, as well as maintaining a focus on training and uping personnel service standards (the quality provided by different crew members runs a wide spectrum) rather than new paint and new uniforms.