PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DXB Radar vectoring 7th /8th
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2008, 13:54
W.O.Bentley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tin & Prowler -
Read your instructions 5 min flow through MAXMO H24 to be relaxed if able at the UAE ACC centre supervisors discretion . I’ll get the date this was issued next time I’m at work if you like but has been out for at least 6 months

Being on the shift where the 6 phone calls occurred (and I might point out the shift that causes 90% our problems with Dubai not the other crew we work with) the crew quote "started up 8 departures through MAXMO as we were hoping we could cancel the outbound flow ". What they don't seem to appreciate is that that not only do we have restrictions placed on us about the amount of traffic on freq but there are restrictions about what we can give to other sectors. ie procedural to Tehran, 3 per 10 min per gate at night to Muscat, 10nm in trail to Bahrain etc etc. Our second crew know, understand and comply with this without a complaint in the world why can our first crew not?

All these restrictions are placed on each sector at Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE ACC, Muscat etc etc for a very very very simple reason. Safety. If you are unable to understand/comply with that then quite frankly you have no place in ATC/aviation. If you can comply/understand great, stop complaining and carrying on (that goes for everyone not just UAE ACC or Dubai depending on which side of the fence you are sitting on) and start helping.

The sooner these restrictions are enforced by everyone the sooner new/better procedures will be put in place. There is nothing that improves efficiency around this place like bleeding money. (Or maybe I’m just an optimist and should go off to Ireland with the rest of the UAE ACC)

PS To everyone. If you get an instruction that does not comply with the LOA(ie less then 10 min notice for outbound flow/holding at last min etc etc), follow the instruction and call the center/app to ask whats going on. If you are not satisfied/disagree with the answer then,

1) comply with the instruction, it was given for a reason and needs to be implemented
2) Record it in your log book with all the details
3) Give the info to your STACO to investigate

Last edited by W.O.Bentley; 12th Apr 2008 at 03:38.