PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Tower Simulation game in development
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2008, 13:46
Dances with Boffins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just 'cos Uncle Sam has bought some expensive toys, doesn't automatically make them any more useful... e.g. Nuclear powered aircraft carriers or moon missions.

No-one can argue that 3D doesn't have it's place, but it is hard to justify the additional cost/complexity during the early stages of training. At the top end of the training curve, who would argue against training in a real tower [Gonz, you've had the most recent experience in the company on the merits or lack thereof of a modern 3D "bells and whistles" simulator during validation training, care to expound to the watching masses?] as opposed to any form of simulator?

Personally, I'd love to have a dozen of the buggers at my disposal, as there can be no better way of demonstrating the famous "Father Ted" adage that "Those cows are big, Dougal, but they are far away", but I can't see Mr Barron stumping up for them. He might be persuaded to cough for a couple though, just to keep up with the Joneses [or Johanssons]. If nothing else, they impress the crap out of visiting dignatories [and CEOs].