PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air: What Mr. Kooheji is saying these days.
Old 11th Apr 2008, 13:32
Panama Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to miss the old livery!
I think I will also miss the Gold, Blue & White livery, but somehow suspect that the drive for change is that it is a bit complicated (and expensive) to paint airplanes like this. The worldwide trend seems to be all-white and just slap a sticker on the tail, and that makes it easy for leasing and quick buy & sell. Also a shame about the lounges and the cabin crew uniforms, which I think look great and are the nicest looking ones in the region. I would have liked to see us keep it to continue to build brand identy. Alas, I am just a lowly peasant though.

I certainly hope that change will not be just for the sake of change itself (or even worse, to distance GF from the Hogan identiry). As far as aircraft interior redesign changes, yes, and keep it coming! Also, I hope that it will not be a change intended to address the needs of the airline (and the perceived needs of the customer) for the next 10 years. The implementation of standardized cabins has taken entirely too long at Gulf Air.

When you look at service leading airlines such as Singapore Airlines, service product lifespan is sometimes measured in terms of months, not years, in order to differentiate itself from the competition and to keep it's most demanding passengers (I mean the ones who pay premium dollar, not just the ones who yell and scream for lack of culture) delighted.