PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2008, 13:05
en2r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aer Lingus Winter timetable

Just been browsing the winter Aer Lingus timetable for Cork. Noticed a few changes over last winter.
-As previously reported Malaga will operate 5 weekly up to mid December when it will drop to 4 weekly
-Faro will operate 2 weekly until the end of November
-Amsterdam will be twice daily except for Saturdays when there will be no evening flight
-Birmingham will be 5 weekly (no flights on Tuesday or Saturday)
-Rome will be 3 weekly (TTS)
-Barcelona will be 4 weekly(MWFS)
-Paris will be 8 weekly (a second flight on a Thursday)

There is still gaps in the schedule. There is space for a UK route (or at a push a Brussels perhaps - I know Charlie Roy would love that!) to operate daily except for Saturday. Now Manchester hasn't been put on sale so it could be that or perhaps we will have a new route? I'd rate Edinburgh as the most likely option since EI already operate there from Dublin. I can't see them going onto Glasgow or Gatwick since Ryanair already operate those routes from Cork. Aer Arann on Edinburgh would be a much easier pushover! I don't know would they operate a UK route from Cork that doesn't already operate from Dublin?
Theres also a gap from the end of November when Faro finishes and also another gap when Malaga goes down to 4 weekly. This suggests perhaps a ski route such as Geneva starting at 2 weekly from the end of November and increasing to 3 weekly in mid December. This would tally with the skiing season which only begins around December.
Alternatively it could perhaps be Warsaw returning for the Christmas period. Christmas is the busiest period of the year for Polish routes so perhaps EI think its worth relaunching the route for the Christmas Peak?

Last edited by en2r; 14th Apr 2008 at 17:07. Reason: mistake