PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oasis Airlines
Thread: Oasis Airlines
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2008, 10:47
VAFFPAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further reporting from Namibia about OASIS-Air Namibia hookup...

http://www.az.com.na/wirtschaft/flie...plan.65159.php (in German)

I'll translate:

== begin translation ==

Owners of leased Boeing in bankruptcy

Windhoek - Despite the bankruptcy of Oasis Airlines (Hong Kong), from whom Air Namibia currently leases a Boeing 747-400, the state-owned airline operates as planned, announced Air Namibia in writing yesterday. It would "ensure that there is no disruption to the timetable, and operations will continue as normal," said Ben Dahwa, director of engineering and flight operations.

Wimpie van Vuuren, head of Air Namibia for Europe in Frankfurt / Main, explained on Wednesday evening after being contacted by Allgemeine Zeitung, that they had heard on Wednesday of the developments in Hong Kong. The airline Oasis had gone into liquidation, the firm KPMG had been appointed as bankruptcy administrator. "We want to avoid any unnecessary damage, and are working to find a solution," said van Vuuren. His colleague Dahwa assured AZ that the premature termination of the lease contract was a possibility and that the company was searching for a suitable replacement aircraft, which would meet the needs and requirements of Air Namibia.

The Boeing will be used by Air Namibia as replacement, as an Airbus A340-300 is currently in maintenance.

== end translation ==

I stand corrected on my previous view on SW being hard-up

S.