PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish Airfield closure
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2008, 09:09
Morbid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knockers

Modest economy ? Spain has an economy with a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) greater than Canada. Yes, darling : Canada! And we have a growth rate greater than France and Germany in the last 6 or 7 yeras.
All based upon over inflated land and housing prices... and the construction industry. Financial professionals saw this all along and Spain is in for a re adjusment very shortly. The necessity was maybe 1-3% yet the actual was 15-20%.... inflationary pricing to a degree not seen since the early 90īs in the UK.

Even more, I prefer few airports but with good quality than thousands and thousands as France and Germany but wiht a certain amount of them close to an African standards.
This sounds like the rest of your post... Spain is good in some things, great in others but it is certainly NOT the leader in Aviation standards! Its your mentality that is one of the factors that holds back aviation in Spain "We are fantastic why change"...

Now, there are a great number of professionals in Spanish Aviation that I have had the pleasure to work with who do not share your attitude and through exchange of ideas both they and I have considerably increased standards and experience... IMO: The man who thinks he knows it all in Aviation is the most dangerous!