PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Management (Split From T5 Thread)
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2008, 09:03
13Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I's a shame that it never occured to Willie Walsh to send a letter of apology to the 20,000 or so customers (or more likely ex-customers) who are now into week three of phoning the lost Baggage helpline. Very friendly people up in the Newcastle call centre, but they can do f**k all really other than apologise and they are getting sick of it.
It's a good point.

When BA lost my bag recently things only really moved forward when I spoke to a real live human BA person at the Baggage Services desk at Gatwick. They said that phoning the Newcastle helpline was essentially pointless as they "know nothing" and confirmed my experience that the baggage handling staff in Edinburgh were pretty hopeless (not BA staff, the whole ground operation there has been subcontracted out). The LGW BA person listened to my issue, apologised, clearly knew how the system worked and arranged for my bag to be delivered a couple of days later.

He then pointed out that there was a good chance of bagagge handling at LGW being contracted out as well pretty soon

13Alpha