PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are DHL getting their pilots from?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2001, 12:19
tilii

FLEX42

Oh dear, Flex, I suppose I must spell it out for you. No doubt Viccyten is an 'ex VC10 tanker driver operating from Brize Norton', but he is certainly not writing from a position of 7 years seniority as an RAF pilot is he? At least, he would not be asking DHL for RAF pay parity at the levels being mooted on this forum unless he flew for a very different Force than did I in my long ago past.

As most ex Brize types end up in their civilian counterpart squadron (BA), I think my assumption is well founded in any event. And I did say 'presumably', I think.

As to your question regarding 'vested interest' and 'rat smelling', if you smell a rat it is certainly the one hiding in a nearby fundamental orifice, dear chap. Again, I will spell it out for you. I am neither involved in the setting up of DHL's operation nor an aspiring employee of same. I am simply an interested onlooker with a view that new start operations should be encouraged without prejudice and that those who demand 'parity' in initial T & C on the basis of their 7 years seniority with their present employer are best to remain with that present employer who is, by definition not a new start up operation.

Like you, I am happy with my present employer. Would you please explain how you say you are "disinterested" when you choose to express your views as stated above. Surely you speak as an 'interested party', dear chap?