PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do many African operators revert to dubious practices?
Old 11th Apr 2008, 07:12
VortexGen300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do many African operators revert to dubious practices?

Hi

I have followed the threads over the last few days on this forum with interest - being from Africa and looking at becoming an operator myself - what I have read is frustrating!

Almost every operator that is mentioned here has either been running dubious maintenance, or dubious business practices or has treated their personnel and especially pilots like crap - so they end in a business partner shutting them down or as often happens they close shop after what would be determined to be an avoidable incident.

Has everybody decided that Africa is the place to make big bucs at the expense of everybody else and now one will find that everybody is loosing at the expense of everybody else?

Is it an attitude that says: "The poor 'infidels' will never know so lets take them" or is it purely a lack of experience and being taken for a ride by the other operators in the industry?

I am learning and would appreciate input from the experienced guys without naming people as I don't want this to be a witch hunt but an attempt to learn and not do the same mistakes again.

If we all can learn from our mistakes the world will surely become a better place!

VG300