PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 11th Apr 2008, 02:43
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 169 Likes on 65 Posts
You're on drugs if you think easyJet would be interested in SilverJet.

1) easyJet are tightening belts by disposing of the Boeing and A321 aircraft more quickly - adding some ageing 757's don't fit that plan

2) Luton ain't slot constricted and SilverJet don't hold any slot rights and even if they did then by going under those slots would be available for EZY to use for no cost - LTN ain't LHR !

3) Maxjet have gone bust, Oasis have gone Bust, Eos are bizzarely offering a free iPod Classic to encourage bookings, SilverJet are struggling.... Is this low-cost First/Business airline model good or poo...? Meanwhile EZY and RYR keep filing profits and keep growing.

4) EZY CEO Andy Harrison has said in the press and to my own ears that EZY has no intention of ever doing longhaul. I believe him.

And so back to the point:

House prices in the US, UK, Spain and Ireland are crashing and the US is certainly in recession with many believing the UK will follow soon. THIS IS 1990! Please take the trouble to learn the history regarding airlines from that period. By so doing you stand to learn from history. A valuable thing to be able to do and very rare.

Try looking up Air Europe, Laker, Caledonian and Dan Air for starters.

It is entirely consistent with history that several UK airlines will not be trading within the next 2 years. All will have hundreds of experienced and rated pilots.

Undertake and fund your training with this distinct possibility in mind. That's all I ask.