PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pull up a sandbag ~ "I remember when..
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2008, 23:59
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember when..

The bar at Lindholme got a Kronerberg pump installed and we all scoffed at the thought of paying 30 pence for a pint of lager, no matter how nice it might be; as Skol & Harp were only 24 pence a pint. I also recall a big breasted girl who served the petrol in the Tyram Hall petrol station.

My 1250 was Blue and my son has one that looks like a credit card. His SWO was an LAC when I tought him the ropes in 1975.

My son brought home his station bike last month and it now lives in the garage.

Firing bird scaring cartridges out of the window of rover 1 at 60 mph.

Southern Radar, Northern Radar, CR787 Radar

A raincoat that would have smelled of mothballs if we'd had any mothballs,
When doing the weather check meant a trip to the SMC for a chit from the doctor to say I was fit to fly in a fast jet for another 6 months.

The Aircrew feeder at EGOV serving horse and chips 5 days a week.

Ross crashing the landrover into the MT Officers car, priceless.

Me & Geoff getting a car stuck on the beach at Treaddur Bay and leaving it there as the tide came in.

Cashing Cheques in Elmers for 2 quid with a week to go until pay day

Satco wonder aloud if he could stop the ceiling fan from turning...then everyone in local getting covered in dust and white tile fragments as the fan, firmly in big John's grasp, unscrewed itself from the roof!

Supervisor RC throwing a bolttle of beer which burst on the wall inches from the (sh1t3 spewing) head of the Dep satco at a games night

Stealing five crates of beer from the rugby club and stashing it in the boot of Ray's car and then getting a puncture on the way to the block. Whilst trying to change the tyre, the Rugby Club barman comes up behind us and shines his headlights into the boot as we try to find the jack. Is every Rugby Club barman a Snowdrop?

Swinderby when Jack Shiel was a Sgt (was a perfect gent SWO at Boulmer years later) and JC wasn't even an instructor yet.

Being really pissed, walking 2 miles to the tower to steal Rover 1 and then towing the fire practice Meteor along the Northern parallel only to be confronted by 2 snowdrops asking where we going.... as if we actually had a plan!