PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2008, 21:13
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
CAAAD
A little sanctimonious. I thought society had moved on from unnecessary secrecy 'in case the Public misunderstand and panic ensues'.
Last year in the UK, the Governor of the Bank of England said that, if the Bank had been allowed to arrange bridging finance for Northern Rock in private, then he was confident that the matter could have been dealt with. He wasn't and the bank was broken.

We have no means of knowing what would have happened if they had made a private arrangement. What we do know is that the British media are sluts for trawling anything that can be sensationalised. It is not the public but the Daily Mail that you need to be worried about.

It is quite possible that we shall never know the full reasons for this failure and loss, until it happens again. Consider how long it took to discover what was wrong with the Comet. For now, I am happy to wait and feel glad that I am not working on the AAIB team, or in any of the companies involved for there is no doubt that this is a very difficult, and intractable, mystery.