PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA planning to relax CPL requirement for instructors
Old 10th Apr 2008, 16:35
Jetscream 32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Il Vate,

Sorry old chum but you sound like a wannabe skygod who thinks that PPL drivers are lower than you............

Most of the people who will happily take the course and see it thro are the ones that have no passion to fly a 738 or have flown long enough and have a stable job that they can afford to spend 3 days a week driving a desk to earn excellent money whilst spending 2+ days a week flying for beer money... whats the going rate for FI's? 15 / 20 ph?

PPL FI's will be far more stable for the club environment, they will create relationships with eventual licence holders who will still be there when the stude has 300+ hrs and his own VLJ - standards if anything will get better, incidents should fall and fleet renewals to new aircraft types should flourish...

Im 37 and went solo on my 16th birthday gliding, then 17th for PPL blah, blah, blah, and still flying today and have an excellent industry job. My passion is flying Stearmans and Super Cubs and the instructors that taught me back in the old days were all PPL FI's in the late 80's - I have never forgotten their gentle words and reminders about flying, co-ordination, look-out, and round out....!!!

A very far cry from today's 747 circuit bashing, wannabe 738 driver that only has 300hrs himself teaching someone - where's the logic ever been in that??? ............ Flying is an art that will never be mastered by any one individual, currency and experience play a major part in keeping you safe.

The most critical element of anyones flying career is what they learn from their masters in the first 40hrs, these instructors should be passionate about flying, and be excellent communicators that know how to make a student enjoy the lesson and feel accomplishment at the same time - they should not be "Passing Through" on their way to a shiny LCC......

They should be Ambassadors

Ambassadors can be PPL's, they can have a better understanding and fly better than you.......... Slagging off people who you have no knowledge of is a little short sighted....as if you think about it - it should make the job hunting easier for you......... their wont be so many coming up behind you...