PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2008, 15:47
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my view AAIB has been very (too) shy on basic data releasing:

1- Contrary to M.Mouse last comment, no mention of additional thrust request between TOD and 2 miles final. It has been rightfully suggested by Chris Scott here but that’s it.

2- How and when the APU door did open ?

3- "Fuel crossfeed valves indicated that they were closed …" but were they actually closed … ?

4- No mention of actual ZFW versus planned one.

5- No mention if the actual flight time of 10:35 was noticeably shorter than the planned one.

6- It is not clear if the planned flight level was restricted around 320 up to London, or if further steps were planned later on and if so where ?
Except from the early statement "to accommodate a request from ATC …" it is not clear if the crew choose to disregard a conservative low flight level flight plan computed to avoid "unusual low temp conditions compared to the average, but not exceptional"

I’m sorry but all these points are relevant when both engines fail to deliver almost simultaneously, especially in the last minute of a 10 hours flight … and following comments:

- "I don't discount any of the possibilities but IMHO the faulty fuel monitoring system (incorrect calibration?) appears marginally the most plausible" from snanceki

- "You don't get it much more serious than being OUTAGAS" from Spaz Modic

should not be taken lightly.