PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Worlds Worst Airport
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2008, 14:57
jaycee46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There can't be many snowsports enthusiasts on this thread, because, as far as I can see, there has been no mention of Lyons LYS, or Chambery CMF.

LYS has got to be the most inefficient airport on the planet, especially in the tent, where they used to send the UK charter passengers. If cattle were treated like the pax in the tent, Greenpeace would be blockading it! - and we pay money for the 'priviledge' of using it. The current wheeze is that they are building a hotel etc in the old bus park, so you now have to wait for an hour and more for your baggage, then hoof it half a mile upstairs, then downstairs, to outside the railway station, and just to make the experience more memorable, especially with ski gear ( case, boot bag, and a 6' long bag with skis), there are no trollies, but even if there were any, it's hard to get trollies up and down escalators! My only slight pleasure was to see a flight from LHR arriving, an thanking my lucky stars that I had avoided that additional agony.

CMF is just too small for the number of flights, and any delays really screw them up badly. We had the pleasure of arriving three hours late, this winter, at the same time as about three other flights. When we got inside, ONE baggage belt of the two was working, and the crowd round it were behaving like they were handing out free beer.
Check in areas too small for the number of flights, and the departure 'lounge?' reminded me of a hospital waiting room, but less hygenic! Used to be really nice, but too many Russians are using it now.