PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA set to claim siginifcant damages from BALPA for 'damage to its reputation & brand'
Old 10th Apr 2008, 10:06
PBL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PBL
Maybe if the key part of my workforce is choosing to engage in public conflict with me, maybe I had just better win that fight, whatever it takes.
Originally Posted by Human Factor
If "whatever it takes" is bankrupting your business, I'd think twice and perhaps consider a negotiated solution.
"Winning the fight" may include achieving a negotiated solution. But if, say, I agree on mediation as a solution, I know that the medien solution will be somewhere in the middle, and if I take my side off to the extreme, then the middle will be pulled off to my side and therefore placed nearer to a place with which I would be content.

That is just basic dynamics of negotiation.

Originally Posted by Human Factor
If "whatever it takes" is bankrupting your business, I'd think twice and perhaps consider a negotiated solution.
The negotiating strategy is quite well-known of threatening to self-destruct when your opponents have a stake in you staying alive. The trick is to persuade your opponents that you really are that crazy. If you get them to believe you, you can win big.

Studi,

your moniker just about says it all. Stick around another twenty years in negotiation and you'll see what I mean.

PBL

Last edited by PBL; 10th Apr 2008 at 13:09.