PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 10th Apr 2008, 08:11
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Integrated Selection
What a load of tosh, there is no way that by doing some GCSE physics brush up and passing the "Entrance exam" that you can tell if a wannabee is going to be a success in the flying world.

Its just a ruse by the larger schools to give added value to the product that they are selling to Airlines and wannabees.

Consider the time and effort spent on officer and aircrew recruitrment in the RAF and still a large %age get chopped.

There should be a law against any company charging you to assess if they can relieve you of nearly 80k and then dump you onto probably the worst job market since the millenium. They will of course offer assistance with recruitment but only until the next course behind you qualifys.

If I was an airline recruiter and needed large amounts of "product" from the big schools to fly the endless orders of 737's sat at seattle then yes I would know what I buy and buy what I know, if however I was looking to recruit in smaller numbers (as it will be from now on) I would definetely be looking for somebody with aviation/life experience and some aviation related common sense.

What little recruitment there is will probably be offered to ME/IR instructors or higher time guys with instructor ratings. To say that integrated guys will respond better to high performance types because they managed to pass the OAT entrance exam is just naieve