PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - San Francisco Marks Second Westcoast Gateway For Emirates
Old 10th Apr 2008, 05:55
GMDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WK and 3 wire

The A340-500 might supposedly be the superior aircraft. The only time I have seen a comparable flight plan was on the DXB-JFK route, allthough this was with the B777-300ER. Faster time, less burn, more pax - and so came the annulation of A340 orders. Maybe on the ULR a A340-500 would prove to carry more load, compared to a B777-200LR, but this raises the question as to why EK wants to fly these routes with the LR??
With HR issues, treating employees decently, recruiting with honest facts, retaining employees in fulfilling promises and respecting contracts, EK displayes one of the poorer performances in the industry. When it comes down to the doe however, the commercial departement has a very good performance, unbelievable greed beeing the driving force. I can't prove any comparable figures regarding these aircraft, I just think that if the A340-500 would perform better, EK would most certainly send it to these ULR destinations.