PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chelton Flight Logic EFIS/FMS
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2008, 03:10
EN48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avnx,

Thanks for a most comprehensive reply. Are you sure about the mounting location of the new Chelton ADAHRS? All the informal info I have suggests that it is remotely mounted as was the Crossbow, and may even be plug compatible. Mounting it on or in the display box might also defeat the prior strategy of making all the displays interchangeable, as you suggest.

Addendum: If you go to the Chelton website (www.cheltonflightsystems.com) it seems to clearly show the new ADAHRS as a separate remote mount box, along with a magnetometer and OAT probe.

Yes, the SV is primitive compared to more recent products from others, but AFAIK, its the only SV certified for use in light helicopters at present.

A Chelton R&D employee let slip at HAI that a next generation system continues in development - possibly a continutation of the 417 project, and no availability date mentioned.

Engine instruments on glass would be nice.

The Chelton contribution to the Eclipse jet was to have been their FMS software, not displays. IS&S does the Eclipse displays. I hear that Eclipse and Chelton have recently parted ways, and that Eclipse has announced that the Garmin GPS400W will be their "FMS."

Dont worry, there is no chance you will "geek out" me! I think of the helicopter as a platform to fly my avionics around!

Shortshaft,

Chelton has recently released version 6.0B software which I am told fixes many bugs and adds new functionality.

Last edited by EN48; 10th Apr 2008 at 13:24. Reason: correct Garmin designation