PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OMNI aviation philippines
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2008, 00:51
Centurion_210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you guys know any graduates of omni? i'd like to know how their aviation careers are doing. like what airlines do they work for.--

I know some former F.I.s from Omni are already flying the airlines

From PAL they have one 747 Captain, one A320 FO, One A340 SO.
From Cebu Pacific Air I've heard some just finished ground schooling with the A320s and 19s.

From Asian Spirit one FO in BAE146, one FO in Dash 7 and another FO in CN235.

Just not sure how many are home grown, but they are progressing somehow.

Most of the students i know from last year are already licensed FIs and already teaching in different flying schools in the Philippines.

If some thinks Omni is prioritizing the few CIA students, imagine enrolling in a flying schools teaching bulks of Indian students and compete with their schedule.

In Omni there is a policy of 1 student one Instructor until you fly solo. You only need FI until you have your first solo and during first xcountry flights. When you get your PPL you can fly solo all you want to the routes you have been checked out.

Its the only flying school that allows students to fly solo as much as they want.

With regards to Ground Instructions almost all flying schools here in the Philippines do the same style. Let the Newbie teach to get the required teaching hours to get the license but "MUST BE SUPERVISED BY A LICENSED GROUND INSTRUCTOR"

My last suggestion is to try Airworks flying school in Manila owned by Capt Halili. Its pricey but worth it.