PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Flying in your blood
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2008, 19:42
Pugilistic Animus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Dr. Doom
"PA me thinks you should look into becoming a poet"

here, I rewrote a couple of my prior posts, at the risk of being plagiarized by others--

It's not in the blood, it’s in the heart!!
Some say, aviation’s in the blood—and believe themselves--

It's not in the blood- it's in the heart [although, I may make an exception in the case of C. Yeager or J. Doolittle]!!!

You need love, and heart; devotion and passion---Stay humble!
--The air is NO place for cowards whose hearts are composed of Jell-O—which pump Kool-Aid instead of blood, nor a place for the bold – but maybe the old---as is said-- no ones old and bold- however

My apologies, I didn't paint it up with flowery cute talk--- flying IS a Rough Business!

Aviation is a jealous lover, yet has no love for YOU—
And
there about a million ways to die---Choose one

a little slip of the lip from a busy controller
a little inattention on an instrument approach
a hasty grab for the prop controls---

--- Aviation don’t love you!

In order to fly your ship well-- you must understand your ship well -- quite unlike a stupid-slow -limited ground vehicle--[although, I may make an exception in the case of my ’88 VW]

Notwithstanding the vast number holes one day to align in the Swiss ----Pure obsession is the only way to be on guard against them—I’ve seen madness!!

Yes, I'm very stereotypical and people in my life have learned to accept my obsession with those ladies [and take advantage of it ]--and although overwhelming at times for some--- I do have many other interests—such as aerodynamics---but I write this--

For Aviation has no love for you--- it has no care--- no forgiveness in its heart ---and for the unfaithful it will eventually kill you---I've seen it---Forgive me for speaking for the dead –but listen to those souls they’re just telling you!!!

You don't fly with one hand on your prick and the other on the master switch
You must develop habits of the air and not the ground---as the ground has no use for pilots, yet neither does the air

It loves no-one---in fact it's probably the MOST limiting thing in my life---and the MOST unlimited---avoid them [the limits] [shy torque]

Remember!
That more folks have died on the ground!

So, don’t despair friends---because, even in the history of civil aviation---the most number of SOBs [souls on board] to ever get killed by an air plane---

All died on the Ground!!!
PA

The mountains don't care!
When it come to any talk of 'differences in pilots’---well I’m not a judge, but the mountains don’t care! ---

That’s my answer and I’m sticking to it---

One male Capt and one female Co-pilot were on approach to Colorado springs--- hit sudden shear--A Spiral Dive into the Ground--DEAD!

A seven year old girl trying to be the youngest pilot cross country in the world--with her experienced father-- entered IMC--- a Spiral Dive into the Ground--DEAD!

A 20,000 hr male pilot with a 7000 hr male FO and male FE entered a rotor cloud near mountains in Africa ---A Spiral Dive into the Ground--DEAD!

A female commuter pilot and her FO—EFATO--auto feather fails---- A Spiral Dive into the Ground--DEAD!

When does aviation care about YOU? Your race/age/ sexuality/ sex/ experience /talents shortcomings/ passion/experience/ looks etc....

By the way ---it's always a spiral dive into the ground...

And

We Are All Subject To The Mountains Friends!!!

PA

Last edited by Pugilistic Animus; 28th Apr 2008 at 20:05. Reason: add a forgotten lines--from the edited Word doc