PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Misbehaving Indian MP Threatens To Jail Upright Air India Pilot
Old 9th Apr 2008, 19:15
cupoftea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"
It takes an Indian airline pilot almost 5 to 10 years of rigorous training, thousands of hours of experience, with a minimum passing score of 80 percent in numerous aviation subjects and various practical tests to qualify as a commander of an aircraft. He is solely responsible for a machine worth millions of dollars and numerous human lives. Every action he takes is recorded in a data recorder or a black box - no other job in the world requires a person to be more accountable. He is directly responsible for his actions and could die for making mistakes. He is checked for his professional skills, mental and physical alertness every six months through rigorous tests. He may have to undergo a preflight medical and a breathalyzer test prior to a flight. A pilot has to work 24 X 7 despite inclement weather and adversity. He cannot escape from his aircraft in an emergency- he has no pending files and every decision has to be prompt and correct"

Gee, I feel a lot a better about myself after reading this explanation of my daily efforts .......or does it only apply to indian pilots ?