PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BO105 fatal accident back in 2006(?)
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2008, 17:33
Overdrive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overdrive - you are way, way out of your depth and display no understanding of canopy flight. Nothing wrong with that of course, but you should refrain from posting on matters of which you have no knowledge.
Can't say as I have much knowledge save for half a dozen jumps yonks back with ordinary-type canopies. I do know they need air going through/into the canopy though... pretty obvious.

I said "affected by changes in airspeed due to gusts". Do you understand what a gust is? Do you understand how a gust might affect airspeed?
Ok Brian, splitting hairs a bit, but of course I understand what a gust is (and what it can do to 'chute canopies). I wasn't getting at your knowledge of parachuting, but since parachutes are so different from powered, rigid aircraft (which I do know about), I was questioning the relevance of your example, and what you were trying to illustrate to "those still having trouble coming to grips"?

If you can pick holes in what I wrote in my last paragraph, go ahead, you may win 2-0! If not, let's call it 1-1....