PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2002, 16:28
Spearing Britney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetstar my friend you are I'm afraid missing the point again. The 'deliberately included equally stupid' yank comment was to indicate just how daft it is to comapre EI and sabena/swissair.

EI senior pilot earn 120k EURO, alot less than 120k £ by the way.

Aer Lingus customers (the execs, the money makers) will not go to Ryanair, they will go to BM or BA (if they arrive) but never to Ryanair. Aer Lingus II is doubtful, where would the funding appear from? In an election year and with all that frieght to keep export economy going all possible must be done to ensure Aer Lingus I Survival. That is what WW is relying upon. Sacking pilots he has invested in will stunt possible future growth and is financially stupid. As expert external advisors have already said.

Steepclimb, its 4 weeks pay per year of service we want (capped at 2 years) or about 188K irish£ for our senior captains. Please get the basics right if a meaningful discussion is to be had.

Sgt Culpepper, I fear you may be right with one notable exception, WW doesnt worry about viable - he worries about saleable. He wants a fast buck. Viable may or may not come too...

Todays latest, he is offering pay in return for redundancies...

How does that tally with a company in supposed immediate cash crisis??