PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 9th Apr 2008, 15:19
Nichibei Aviation
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shouldn't you have to pay to advertise your flight school on Pprune Nichibei??

... and here was me thinking loads of pilots got laid off post 9/11 and airline recruitment came to a grinding halt... and I thought many US carriers did go bankrupt.... but maybe I just imagined it though....
So you want me to advertise here at ridiculously high prices to fill the rude moderator's pocket? Do you know that those paying for these ads are ultimately the students themselves?

The Sheiks don't set the price, the markets do.
Never heard of OPEC have you?

You sound like little kids who don't have a clue of what you're talking about. History's greatest pilot shortage is right in front of us.

I've talked to a guy today as pessimistic as you guys: "they say that the recession will progressively become global, 20% of homes in Cleveland are empty and being plundered because banks want their money back, banks will go bust, the US is going back to stone age, their lifestyle is unsustainable, commercial aviation will disappear, etc..." he said.

I said: this is what THEY say, whoever that is. I won't believe it till I see it with my eyes. It's not the first time that people make money by diffusing bad news.
And it's about time that the people in the US switch to 4-cylinders anyway, with the environment in mind.