PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salary in EK
Thread: Salary in EK
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2008, 14:38
ekpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compare apples with apples please!

Well as you can see there are lots of young motivated pilots like bypass ratio joining EK right now. They are willing to work for half price of industry standards ( 98 hours for the price of 60 hours ) and probably pay for their training if they had to. No respect for any industry standards as long as they get the LH seat. That is probably what bypass ratio means... Then they come here and start shouting to everyone how good the job is... after 16 months. What do you think will happen to you. One day you will be in your fifties working 120 hours a month at half of what you are earning today. Why? Because you told every one how good it is here. Let me tell you something. It was much better here before you joined 16 months ago. But for the last couple of years it is going south BIG TIME for professional pilots everywhere. Certain pilots will always come for the job. Just ask yourself if it is really worth it in the long run. If I would have to reconsider today joining EK i would stay home on the wide body job i had. But if you are on an RJ or just want to bypass the ratio of 12 years in the RH seat to get a LH seat in a major airline... then you come here. For sure coming from a regional you may think the deal is better. Well you may have not realized yet that you are now flying in a major airline. The deal is fast becoming below industry standards for a major airline. I'm sure you have acquired good experience in your last 16 months as an F/O at EK and i'm glad for you. But I think it is pretty much a consensus in the EK pilot group that the T&C have deteriorated drastically in the last years... not compare to regional or charters airlines. Lets compare apples with apples please.

Keep Discovering