PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2008, 21:48
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I made a quick visit to Departures in the new terminal last Saturday morning after the last of the rugby charters headed off for the game in Gloucester. The check in area was well and truly jammed at the time with the routine Saturday morning schedule and sun charter check ins. I do not want to sound any way over the top about it but it was really at full tilt and if there is even minimal growth in passenger numbers in the next year or two the new check in area will start looking like the old terminal did in the final year or two!

ASU.ORK, What is your perceived benefit of Cork Airport staying a part of the Dublin Airport Authority? Just how much credibility do you think the marketing department of the Cork Airport Authority has after last week's comments about three more years before a North Atlantic flight is secured bearing in mind that on their own admission they have all ready been speaking to airlines for two years to date! So, in total, they want a lead in time of no less than five years first before an Atlantic flight takes off! They have got some brass neck!

More in their line to get up off their arses, leave the fibre glass monuments to Heineken Beer aside, and get Budapest back double quick time. I will tell you a story - I know a family that have family and business interests based in Budapest. Conducting their affairs has been a nightmare since Malev left Cork. For example, two of the family in Cork were dropped off at the new Cork terminal at 8 am last Friday to get the 2nd Ryanair flight to Dublin and then hang around in the DAA's jewel in the crown half the day until the Ryanair flight to Budapest and not finally getting home in Budapest until 8.10 pm local time that evening.

What a friggin' nightmare! Now, my friends were never afraid of paying high fares on ORK-BUD, Budapest one of the most beautiful cities in Europe a route that enobled Cork Airport so I would like to know in some considerable detail what exactly the marketing department of the Cork Airport Authority did to try and save this good route and I am not talking here about the bull5h!t press statements of regret etc. Were there three hours, three days, or three weeks put in to try and save the route and what has since been done?