PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlantic Airlines Cadet Pilot Recruitment (Part-Sponsored)
Old 8th Apr 2008, 19:35
MMEMatty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bit more info:

the "traditional" cadet has been a low houred PPL, no ATPL groundschool, just the basics as outlined above by Mike.

After employment by the company, the cadet can expect 6 months of full time "fug duties". Full time means full time. 7 days a week, 24 hr standby. Basically ferrying aforementioned Electra / ATP crews from the Coventry base to the aircraft. In addition to this, the cadet will be expected to help out in ops / engineering / on the ramp acting basically as semi-skilled labour.

During the first 6 months (usually after 3 or so months) the cadet will be cleared to start supervised, constructive hours building on the C152. Initially 4 hours per month will be permitted by Atlantic Airlines.

After the first 6 months, the cadet will start distance learning for the ATPL groundschool, and will recieve 2 days per week away from work to study.

After that it depends on how quickly you can get through the ATPL's as to when you start CPL/MEP/IR/MCC. And after that, you will be put on the next type rating course being run by the company.

Anything else to mention?

Well, it is HARD WORK. As i said, first six months are tough, but worthwhile. You learn a lot about yourself, and how much you want to be a pilot. They are fun though - i have a lot of fun memories from my first six months. It all depends on what you make of it.

Although the model is based on cadets with the bare basics, don't be put off if you have more than that - we have fugs with the groundschool completed, some have even joined with CPL/IR before.

personally i think its a cracking scheme (but then maybe i'm a bit biased)

Matty